2021 Training Series to Help Texans Build Financial Resilience
Learn practical steps you can take and share with clients, friends and family in our Tools to Build Financial Resilience monthly training series.
Thank you to our Presenting Sponsor, Bank of America.
Who Should Attend
These trainings will benefit anyone who wants to build financial resilience or help fellow Texans be more financially resilient. The trainings are also designed to enhance the financial knowledge and skills of financial coaches and counselors, financial aid counselors, social workers, case managers, community health workers and community volunteers. Please share with family, friends and colleagues!
- September 24: Navigate Student Loan Debt
Learn about tools and resources to help Texans manage the burdens of student loan debt. (Register here for the September training only.)
- October 15: Navigate Medical Debt
Overwhelming medical bills affect a family’s health and financial security. Learn ways manage medical debt. (Register here for the October training only.)
- November 5: Enroll in Marketplace Health Insurance
Learn about health insurance options on healthcare.gov, how federal subsidies work, errors to avoid when enrolling, and how to understand and compare plans. (Register here for the November training only.)
Recordings, Slides & Resources from this series:
June Training: Thank you to Roxy Caines and Christine Tran from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities!
Recording and slides available HERE
July Training: Building Credit
Recording, slides and Tools to Build Credit resource available HERE
Thank you to our wonderful speakers:
Lauren Bringle, Accredited Financial Counselor® & Content Marketing Manager, Self
Greg Berman, Co-Founder, Head of Marketing & Business Development, SeedFi
Matt Butler, Account Executive, Esusu
David Fernandez, Financial Opportunity Center Program Manager, The Alliance
Cruz Correa, Community Loan Center Manager, BCL of Texas
- August Training: Master the Basics for Micro-Entrepreneurs
Thank you to Andrea Harrington from Texas RioGrande Legal Aid for sharing her expertise! Recording and slides available HERE.
Recordings & Resources from previous RAISE Texas Trainings
- How to start & run a small business or microenterprise (August 20, 2021)
- Tools to Build Credit (July 23, 2021)
- Benefit from the Expanded Child Tax Credit (June 11, 2021)
- How to Protect Texans from Usurious Loans (April 9, 2021)
- Where to find Better Short-Term Loans (March 23, 2021)
- Winter Storm Recovery Webinar (February 26, 2021)