Interested in establishing or expanding financial capability and asset building services in your community?
Technical assistance is a way for organizations to benefit from expert help to assess current capacity, build on strengths and apply best practices. RAISE Texas has years of experience and technical expertise in the following areas:
- Financial Coaching
- Children's Savings Accounts
- Fairly-priced Small Dollar Consumer Loans
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
- Marketplace Health Insurance Enrollment & Navigation
Example of one of our current technical assistance projects:
RAISE Texas is providing technical assistance to United Way of Metropolitan Dallas and Communities Foundation of Texas to build the Dollars for College program in two school districts and create an easily replicable and sustainable program that can be expanded to other school districts. In the current two districts, more than 1,500 families have opened 529 accounts to save for their child's college education. Additionally, 1,000+ kindergartners and first graders have received financial education from the curriculum created by RAISE Texas, connecting the state's curriculum to the children’s savings account program. The technical expertise and support provided by RAISE Texas includes:
- Creating a Dollars for College Program School Implementation Guide to equip principals, teachers and school champions to promote the Dollars for College program with answers to frequently asked questions, instructions on how to assist families with opening family-owned accounts, and guidance on how to promote the program. The goal of the guide is to provide an instructional tool that supports program sustainability through staff turnover at participating schools.
- Developing a guide for school districts that provides step-by-step instructions on implementing a Dollars for College program in a school or school district.
- Ensuring that local program requirements will comply with 529 account policies and procedures.
- Providing research and guidance on secure database options for CSA programs partnering with school districts.