Featured Events & Webinars
Save the Date for the 2023 RAISE Texas Summit: March 2-3 in Dallas!
Love learning? Participate in our 2022 RAISE Texas Asset Builder Certification!
It is FREE and as easy as 1-2-3:
1. Attend 6 RAISE Texas virtual events or webinars in 2022.
2. Watch at least 90% of each virtual event to receive attendance credit.
3. Complete the short post-training survey at the end of each training.
Boost your career, enhance your financial knowledge, and receive these benefits:
- RAISE Texas Asset Builder Certification to add to your resume;
- Free membership with RAISE Texas;
- Eligible for scholarship opportunities offered through RAISE Texas; and
- A discount to the next RAISE Texas Summit in spring 2023.
Catch up on all the topics we have covered this year
Inflation & Debt: The Pinch on Consumers' Wallets
Cox Automotive's Chief Economist Jonathan Smoke explains the impact of inflation and GreenPath Financial Wellness provides practical information on how to reduce debt and talk to creditors. Find the recording here.
What to know about Biden's Student Loan Relief Plan
Kyra Taylor, staff attorney with the National Consumer Law Center and an expert on student loans, explains how Biden's plan will work, what to expect, and how it will impact Texans with student loan debt. Find the available slides here and the recording here.
Promises, Realities & Risks of Cryptocurrency
Cryptocurrency is starting to impact the finances of low- and moderate-income Texans. To address this emerging issue, RAISE Texas and the Texas Fair Lending Alliance offered two webinars to understand cryptocurrency, identify risks for consumers, and determine how we can best educate and advocate for the communities we serve. Find the available slides here and the recording here. Find information on the first webinar, Cryptocurrency 101, below.
Cryptocurrency has gone mainstream and is starting to impact the finances of low and moderate-income Texans. A national survey from November 2021 found that 16% of low-income adults said they had owned, used, or traded in cryptocurrency, and the numbers appear to be growing quickly. Presented by RAISE Texas and the Texas Fair Lending Alliance. Recording is available here and slides are here.
Spring Statewide Financial Coaching Huddle
Topic: Coming out of COVID (event was not recorded)
Planning for Retirement
Learn the fundamentals of saving and planning for retirement and how to talk with clients, friends and family about this important topic. Sponsored by Bank of America.
Recording, slides and resources available here.
Deep Dive into Debt + Public Service Loan Forgiveness
Presentation by Dr. Brandy Baxter, AFC®,FFC® and Kat Welbeck, Director of Advocacy, Student Borrower Protection Center.
Slides, recording and additional resources available here. Thank you to our Financial Deep Dive series sponsors, JPMorgan Chase and Wells Fargo.
Considering the Impact of the Racial Wealth Divide in Serving Your Clients
Presentation by Lillian Singh, SVP of Family Economic Opportunity at Share Our Strength. Slides, recording and additional tools available here. This webinar is made possible by support from JPMorgan Chase and Wells Fargo.
Deep Dive into Credit
Presentation by Melinda Croes and Carli Cisna from Credit Builders Alliance. Slides and recording available here.
Our Financial Deep Dive series is made possible by support from JPMorgan Chase and Wells Fargo.
Get Ready for Tax Season
Presentations by Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, IRS, Taxpayer Advocate Service, United Way Worldwide, and Code for America. Slides and recording available here. Sponsored by Wells Fargo.
Recordings & resources from RAISE Texas 2021 trainings
Thank you to our 2021 Presenting Sponsor, Bank of America.
- Enrolling in Marketplace Health Insurance (November 5, 2021)
- Navigate Medical Debt (October 15, 2021)
- Navigate Student Loan Debt (Sept 24, 2021)
- How to start & run a small business or microenterprise (August 20, 2021)
- Tools to Build Credit (July 23, 2021)
- Benefit from the Expanded Child Tax Credit (June 11, 2021)
- How to Protect Texans from Usurious Loans (April 9, 2021)
- Where to find Better Short-Term Loans (March 23, 2021)
- Winter Storm Recovery Webinar (February 26, 2021)