Sept 26: CFPB Under Attack: How Financial Protections Help You
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) is facing political and legal attacks that threaten its existence. Learn about the financial education tools, resources, and enforcement work of the CFPB, and why it is important to #DefendCFPB.
Tuesday, September 26, 12-1pm CT
Sept 28: Increase Your Capacity to Offer Financial Coaching & Counseling
Learn how RAISE Texas and GreenPath Financial Wellness can help your organization offer or expand financial coaching and counseling services at no cost to you or your clients.
Thursday, September 28, 9-10am CT
August Webinar: What's next for Student Debt Relief?
Learn about President Biden's Plan B and what's next for student debt relief from Anna Anderson, Staff Attorney at the National Consumer Law Center, and Aurora Harris, Senior Director of Regional Strategy at Young Invincibles. Watch the video here.
RAISE Texas VITA Conference
RAISE Texas hosted the first ever Texas VITA Conference in San Antonio in June 2023. Find all the details here.
Shifting the Narrative Workshop
In May, RAISE Texas and United Way of Metropolitan Dallas hosted Dr. Tiffany Manuel for her Shifting the Narrative Workshop. "It challenged me to think in emotional and visual ways to frame the issues we seek to address without focusing on the deficits."
Monthly Workshop Series for New Financial Coaches
This virtual training series is providing new coaches with a financial foundation through a cultural lens. The series runs from April through September 2023.
2023 RAISE Texas Summit was a Success!
Look here for our Insights from the Summit report and Summit presentations.
Catch up on all the topics we covered in 2022
- Student Loan Debt Relief Application & Updates (November 2022: recording and slides)
- Inflation & Debt: Pinching Consumers' Wallets (September 2022: recording)
- Biden's Student Loan Relief Plan (September 2022: slides and recording)
- Promises, Realities & Risks of Cryptocurrency (August 2022: slides and recording)
- FinTech Products (June 2022:recording and slides)
- Cryptocurrency 101 (May 2022: recording and slides)
- Spring Statewide Financial Coaching Huddle (May 2022: not recorded)
- Planning for Retirement (April 2022: recording and slides) Sponsored by Bank of America.
- Lending Circles (March 2022:recording and slides)
- Deep Dive into Debt + Public Service Loan Forgiveness (February 2022: recording, slides & resources) Sponsored by JPMorgan Chase and Wells Fargo.
- Considering the Impact of the Racial Wealth Divide in Serving Your Clients (February 2022: recording, slides and tools) Sponsored by JPMorgan Chase and Wells Fargo.
- Deep Dive into Credit with the Credit Builders Alliance (January 2022: slides and recording) Sponsored by JPMorgan Chase and Wells Fargo.
- Get Ready for Tax Season (January 2022: slides and recording) Sponsored by Wells Fargo.