Practicing Financial Wellness through a Cultural Lens
This virtual training is designed to complement existing coaching training and provide new coaches and finanicial wellness practitioners with a basic financial foundation through a cultural lens. Each class is limited to 35 participants so secure your spot now.
Schedule (all classes are Thursdays 9:30 to 11:30am)
- April 20: Cultural Humility: We discuss how cultural humility is essential to be an effective financial wellness practitioner.
- May 18: Money Management: S.M.A.R.T.E.R. Goal Setting: How do we help clients set goals knowing the systemic barriers they may face? We discuss behavioral economics and how different cultures may view and prioritize money.
- June 22: Savings: We discuss barriers to saving and the retirement gap across communities of color.
- July 27: Credit: We discuss different scoring models and whether the credit scoring framework is discriminatory. We also cover how to help clients identify predatory lenders.
- August 24: Debt: We discuss debt collection practices and identity theft issues.
- September 21: Consumer Protections: We discuss consumer protection laws with a legal expert.